Lyle City Code

• The city has a Recycle Center located behind the city maintenance building. Please do not leave anything on the ground because the binds are full. Abuse of this could result in us losing this program that you pay for through your Mower County taxes.

• The City does maintain a compost pile, located next to the Caboose and Memory Gardens. There are two piles - one for grass clippings and leaves and another for small sticks and branches. Residents are being asked to utilize this area instead of placing them by the curb for pick up. If you have large branches or a large quantity of branches, please contact city call and make arrangements for assistance.

• Burning is not allowed within the city limits unless it is contained in a fire approved ring and for recreational purposes only. Flames are to be no more than 3 feet high. Open burning of leaves is from September 1st to December 15th.

• We ask parents to be aware of ATV Safety. It is unlawful for anyone under the age of 16 to be operating an ATV on city streets. Licensed drivers must follow street laws.

• Dog licenses are due in May. In accordance with City Ordinance, if you own a cat/dog, you need to come into City Hall and have it licensed with the city and also be ready to show proof of vaccination. The fee for a license is $10 per pet. Ordinance states that you may only keep two (2) domesticated animals. Barking for more than 10 minutes straight is considered a nuisance. Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and be under the control of its owner/handler, this includes on your own property or while walking your pet. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up any feces of the animal, whether on their property, the property of others, or public property. Any of these ordinance violations are subject to fines.

• Water and sewer are billed monthly. Water is $26.00 and sewer is $16.00. Total water and sewer amounts to $42.00. A $1.00 discount will apply to those that pay by the 15th of the month. Please don't forget to add $6.36 to your January bill. This fee is paid to the State of Minnesota for each water connection in the city. For those residents that pay for the whole year, semi-annually, or quarterly, you will receive an invoice instead of the payment book around January 10th. If you would rather have a payment book, please contact City Hall at (507) 325-2311 and I will get one to you. There is a drop box located on the door of city hall to drop off payments. Late Fee Policy - if the account has not been paid in full by the last day of the month, a $10.00 late fee is applied. Late notices are mailed out at that time as a reminder that the account is due. If by the 15th of that month, payment has not been received in full, a shut off notice is mailed. If the account is not paid in full by the last day of the month, the water service is shut off without any further notice. In order to have the water reconnected, there will be a $100.00 reconnect charge applied, all past fees are paid in full, and six months of service is paid in advance. If anyone has questions regarding this policy, please feel free to contact City Hall.