- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Voter Info
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
Flushing Hydrants - July 24, 2018
The City will be flushing hydrants on Wednesday, July 25th and Thursday, July 26th from 8am to 3p... [more...]
The Code Enforcement Division helps to protect the City of Lyle public’s well-being and enhance the quality of life by enforcing the health, safety, zoning and sanitation codes.
Lyle City Code
- We ask parents to be aware of ATV Safety. it is unlawful for anyone under the age of 16 years to be operating an ATV on city streets. Licensed drivers must follow street laws.
- Dog licenses are due in May. In accordance with City Ordinance, if you own a cat/dog, you need to come into City Hall and have it licensed with the city and also be ready to show proof of vaccination. The fee for a license is $10 per pet. Ordinance states that you may only keep 2 (two) domesticaed animals in a household. Barking for more than 10 minutes straight is considered a nuisance. Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and be under the control of its owner/handler, this includes on your own property or while walking your pet. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up any feces of the animal, whether on their property, the property of others, or public property. Any of these ordinance violations are subject to fines.
- Burning is not allowed within the city limits unless it is contained in a fire approved ring and for recreational purposes only. Flames are to be no more than 3 feet high. Open burning of leaves is from September 1st to December15th.
Have a question? Give us a call. We will be happy to assist you.